Everything a broker needs – on one page!
Please contact broker services with any questions or comments.
Learn about NIA and the specialized needs of the nonprofit sector.
- Letter from the CEO
- NIA’s Enduring Commitment to the Nonprofit Sector
Since the beginning, NIA has been dedicated to the protection and growth of the 501(c)(3) nonprofit sector.
- NIA’s Innovative Coverages, a Timeline
How has NIA been a thought leader in the insurance industry? View the timeline to find out.
- Exposures, Concerns, and Solutions
Are nonprofits poor risks? Not to a knowledgeable insurer.
- Top 10 Reasons 501(c)(3) Nonprofits Rely on NIA
Learn the defining features that make NIA the best insurer for 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
- Top 10 Reasons to Think of NIA First for Your Nonprofit Clients
It’s easy for brokers to recommend NIA to their clients. Learn why.
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Risk Retention Groups
Working with NIA
Learn about how your brokerage does business with NIA.
- Your Broker Services Team
Here’s what you can expect from your team at NIA.
- Our Appetite
Learn about the classes of 501(c)(3) nonprofits NIA writes.
- Where NIA Writes Business
NIA writes business in 32 states and D.C..
- Submitting a Complete Application
This chart is a quick and easy way to see everything you need to submit an application to NIA.
- Become an Appointed Broker
After checking whether NIA writes business in the appropriate state, complete the online broker questionnaire, and NIA will contact you to set up a conference call to discuss the next steps.
- Broker Portal Guide
In the Broker Portal Guide, find everything you need to know to smoothly conduct business with NIA.
- Payment Plans
Making online payments is easy! Learn how.
- Broker Appointment Questionnaire
To request a direct appointment, tell NIA a little about your brokerage.
Learn about NIA’s specialized coverages.
- Product Highlights (ALL)
Become familiar with the features that make each of NIA coverages unique for nonprofit members.
- Commercial General Liability
- Communicable Disease
- Damage to Property of Others – Additional Coverage
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Directors and Officers Liability with Employment Practices Liability
- Directors and Officers Liability without Employment Practices Liability
- Improper Sexual Conduct and Physical Abuse Liability
- Social Service Professional Liability
- Business Auto Liability
- Non-owned Auto Physical Damage Reimbursement
- Non-owned/Hired Auto Liability
- NIAC Property Coverage
- Workplace Violence / Crisis Incident / Outside Aggressor
- ANI Property Coverage written with SRCS Elite
- Participant/Volunteer Accident Coverage written with QBE
- Coverage Checklists
Shopping around? NIA gets it. Download some checklists to help you compare competitors against NIA’s standards.
For Your Nonprofit Clients
Learn about the benefits nonprofits receive when they purchase insurance from NIA.
- Member Resources
Members receive incredible benefits when they purchase insurance through NIA.
- Free Risk Management Booklets
Read NIA’s popular free risk management booklets—and order your own copies!
- Loan Fund for CA Members
It’s difficult for small nonprofits to secure a loan. Luckily, NIA offers a solution.
- Blue Avocado
Get practical tips and tools for managing a nonprofit organization through NIA’s popular online magazine.
- FAQs About Insurance for Nonprofits
Get answers to your questions about obtaining coverage for your nonprofit organization.
What do you need to know about working with NIA?
Ease of Doing Business. With automatic renewals, Electronic Data Interchange, and Electronic Transfer of Commission, brokers find it easy to do business with NIA.
NONPROFITS OWN® Coverages. NIA’s liability and property coverages are tailored to the unique needs and budgets of 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
Sales Tools. NIA prepares you with excellent knowledge of the 501(c)(3) sector and with free and heavily discounted resources for members, so that you can help your nonprofit clients make the best choice possible when selecting an insurer that’s right for them.
Financial Strength. NIA’s long-standing financial strength and reliability has proven for 30+ years that NIA is the best choice for your clients. 23,000+ members across 32 states and DC can attest to NIA’s dependability. NIA has an industry-leading renewal rate average of 95%.