A nonprofit providing mental health and crisis intervention services.
Around midnight a second floor resident of the location heard noises and began to investigate. The resident identified smoke coming from behind closet doors where the washer and dry machines were located. The resident opened the closet door and identified black smoke emanating from the dryer control panel before unplugging the dryer unit.
Minimal fire damage was contained to the closet, smoke damage to the apartment unit, and water damage to the first and second floors resulting from the fire department’s suppression efforts.
NIA issued payments to cover the damage.
From the Claims Files stories like the one above are intended to be informational in nature. Please contact your insurance broker and/or agent for your specific coverage implications based on your specific situation.