Fire Loss

The Nonprofit

A thrift store benefitting a hospice organization. 

The Situation

A fire broke out in a storage room and an investigation determined that faulty wiring in a coffee maker was the cause of the fire.  

The Resolution

The total cost of the damages to the nonprofit’s business, personal property, relocation expenses, and business income loss was paid.  

Electrical appliances must be regularly checked for faulty wiring and should not be operated in a closed environment such as a storage room. Fire is the leading cause of property losses and accounts for 73 percent of dollars paid. 

From the Claims Files stories like the one above are intended to be informational in nature. Please contact your insurance broker and/or agent for your specific coverage implications based on your specific situation.